The Best Monitor Arms of 2018
Last Updated June 30, 2018
Single or dual desktop monitor arms serve 4 main functions:
- Get your monitors eye-level whether you’re sitting, standing, or leaning, reducing the strain on your upper back, neck, and eyes.
- Open up space on your desktop.
- Save you time by keeping multiple browser windows or items open at the same time.
- Monitor several items at once such as stock market charts, security cams, or games.
Below you’ll find our top choices that we arrived at by extensive testing and reviewing. All of the monitor arms that made it into our top choices have the following characteristics:
- Sturdy (the monitors don’t wobble as you type).
- Move multidirectionally (up/down, forward/back, you can tilt the screen, and you can rotate the screens from vertical to horizontal.
- Most of the brands offer single as well as dual monitor arms.
- VESA compliant (the standard mounting surface for monitors, tvs, and other displays). So make sure your monitors are VESA compliant if you’re going to purchase any of these monitor arms. Apple monitors aren’t VESA compliant; you need to purchase an adapter (available on amazon).
Startstanding.org is supported by it’s readers. If you purchase any products from this page, our educational website will receive a small commission from the Amazon.com and/or other affiliate programs, which will help cover our costs, and doesn’t affect your price.