Best Under-Desk Bikes 2019
Our research is supported by our readers. We may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site.
Updated January 6, 2019
Bike While Working
There are lots of ways to keep moving while you work: standing at your desk, using a treadmill desk, using a bike desk, or using an under-desk bike. Also called under-desk cycles, these are pedals that you can slide under your desk while working.
Under-desk bikes can help keep your blood flowing and burn calories while you work, watch tv, or any time that you're sitting. They can also be used by grabbing onto the pedals and working out your arms, and the units can be used in reverse as well to work different muscles. Arthritis sufferers also report that it reduces joint pain in their arms and legs.
We reviewed many under-desk bikes and made our best of list based on overall value, resistance range, display, pedal height, construction, design, noise, and performance.
Best Under-Desk Bikes
#1 – DeskCycle
“Best Value Under-Desk Bike”
- 10″ pedal height which will work with desks at a 27″ height
- Industry leader with the most positive reviews
- Display shows speed, time, and distance; online calorie calculator on website shows calories burned
- Beautiful design
- Magnetic resistance is smooth and quiet
- 8 calibrated resistance settings-double of many competitors
- 1 year warranty on parts, labor, and shipping
& Fitness SF-B0418
“Best Value Runner Up Under-Desk Bike”
- 8 level micro tension controller
- LCD displays speed, time, calories, distance, & ODM,
- Maximum user weight of 220 lbs
- Nice design for a competitive price
- Convenient built-in carrying handle
- Unit is a little taller (14″) than the DeskCycle and will require a taller desk (unless you’re using a standing desk)
#3 – Vive Pedal Exerciser
“Best Budget Under-Desk Bike”
- 12.5″ pedal height
- LCD screen shows RPM, time, speed, distance and calories burned
- 1 year guarantee
- Non-slip feet keep the unit from moving
- Built-in carrying handle
- Over 60% cheaper than the DeskCycle
#4 – Vaunn Foot Pedaler
“Best Budget Runner Up Under-Desk Bike”
- Quick-release folding mechanism for easy storage and transport
- Digital LCD monitor shows exercise time, revolution count, revolution per minute and calories burned
- 7.6″ pedal height is the lowest of our top choices which is great for shorter desks
- Has non-slip rubber feet that prevent it from moving
If you have any questions, concerns or see something missing from our list please leave us an email or drop a comment below. We usually respond within 24 hours.