Start Standing Scholarship
We are now accepting scholarship applications through November 15, 2018 for the Winter semester.
At Start Standing, we value education. We also recognize the steep cost of college tuition and the expenses that come along with it like housing, books, and supplies. In an effort to make things a little easier, we are proud to offer a biannual $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or planning on attending college.
We have outlined the application information below, but if you have any additional questions, please contact us through the form and one of our volunteers will be able to answer your inquiry as soon as possible.
The essay topic focuses on an issue that our organization is focused on. We want you to tell us about the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle and how someone can combat that. An example may include using a standing desk or treadmill desk at the office instead of sitting all day.
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the undergraduate level or your final year of high school
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older
- Carry a status of “good standing” (i.e. currently enrolled)
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent)
In order to apply, applicants must submit a typed essay that answers the following questions. The total essay length should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
- What are the lifelong health dangers of being sedentary throughout the day?
- How can college students add healthy movement throughout the day?
- What can office workers do to increase their activity levels throughout the day?
All essays should be submitted no later than March 31 for Fall semester and November 15 for the Winter semester.
Please attach your essay submission. If you are a finalist, we will request an unofficial academic transcript and proof of enrollment.
Start Standing is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This includes the collection, storage, use, access, and disposal of all student information and data obtained through the application process. This data will only be used for reviewing applications and selecting recipients and never for commercial purposes.
This program is administered without discrimination on the basis of age, race, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other nonmerit factors.
Start Standing is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. Start Standing is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.