LifeSpan has been known for years as a well known gym equipment manufacturer. They have since put an emphasis on workplace wellness which was recognized by Health magazine’s “America’s Healthiest Company” award. We set out to understand how their treadmill desks and bike desks stack up relative to their competition.
- Safety: Their safety features are industry leading. For example, their treadmills are programmed to stop if you walk away.
- Price: For the light commercial category, their prices are very low relative to many competitors.
- Design: The treadmill and desk fit seamlessly together. (see image)
- Assembly: Most of their products arrive assembled.
- Customer Service: We tested their customer support and had a great experience.
- Appearance: Some people don’t like the simplicity of the design and lack of color choices.
Table of Contents
- Treadmill Desks – LifeSpan offers three different categories of treadmill desks. The electric and manual come with a desk. The under-desk treadmill does not come with a desk.
- Electric-Height Adjustable – This treadmill and desk combination is the premier option allowing for quick electric height adjustments.
- Manual-Height Adjustable – The manual desk and treadmill combinations are best for settings where frequent height adjustments aren’t necessary.
- Under-Desk Treadmill – This is the best option if you have a standing desk already that you will be using.
- Bike Desks – The bike desks are an alternative way to stay active while working.
The treadmill desks are LifeSpan’s most popular workplace furniture line. Their desks are considered by most in the industry to be light commercial so they have a strong longevity. They are the highest quality treadmill desks that we have tested within the budget to medium cost category.
The electric-height desks are typically the best option for shared workplace settings where there are different height needs for proper ergonomics. We were happy with the quality of the height adjustment mechanism’s speed and sound level.
The manual-height adjustment desks are more common in homes or businesses where height adjustments aren’t frequent. Adjusting the height isn’t too cumbersome, but some people may be frustrated by it if they had to manually adjust regularly.
The under-desk treadmill is a great option for people that already have a desk that they want to use. Just make sure that your desk is high enough. The treadmill itself will add roughly six inches in height to your desk height needs. All three treadmills are rated at a much higher usage and weight thresholds than others in the industry.
The bike desks are a less popular option than standing or walking while working, but many people like the fact that bike desks keep you active, have no impact and exercise different muscles. It is also possible to burn a tremendous amount of calories while on a bike compared to other options. The lifespan bike has the quality you would expect out of a reputable exercise equipment brand.
We hope this review of the LifeSpan Workplace product line was helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know below. Also, if you have any personal experience with any of the LifeSpan Treadmill Desks or Bike Desks whether it was positive or negative, let us know. Your feedback means a lot to us and our readers.